Abandoned Mine Land

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, but you must contact your mortgage company and request that your escrow account be set up to pay the annual premium. Also, if you change mortgage companies, you should verify that your escrow account with the new mortgage company is set up to make the premium payments. 

200 West 17th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82002
1-800-510-0283 (in Wyoming)
1-307-777-6190 (outside Wyoming)
1-307-352-2564 (in Rock Springs)

The Wyoming Mine Subsidence lnsurance Program is a voluntary program. However, many mortgage companies require that mine subsidence insurance be carried for properties in identified subsidence risk areas.

The Wyoming Mine Subsidence Insurance Program rules allow the value of a structure to be determined by the local tax assessor, by a licensed appraiser or a market analysis by a licensed realtor. The value of the structure does not include the value of the land.

This information can be obtained from your city engineering office, county planning office or the Department of Environmental Quality/Abandoned Mine Land Division in Cheyenne at 1-800-510-0283.

Ask a Question

If you have a question, you can ask us by using this form. You may optionally select a division that the question pertains to or submit it as a general question.