Welcome to the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality’s Emission Reduction Program.
This program applies funding from three different sources – Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) funds, Pinedale Anticline Project Office (PAPO) funds, and Volkswagen Settlement funds – to provide incentives for projects that make direct emission reduction impacts in Wyoming.
The FY 2019 Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) application period is now open. The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is providing $788,215 of grant funding for early replacement of diesel school buses.
• School buses with diesel engine model years 2004 through 2009 will be eligible.
• The replacement vehicle should resemble the replaced vehicle in form and function
• The new replacement bus must be powered by an EPA- or CARB-certified, 2016 or newer model year diesel or alternative-fueled engine.
• To be eligible for replacement, the bus must be fully operational and in current, regular service.
• The replaced bus must be disabled (scrapped).
• DEQ will provide a 25% rebate of the base price from the Wyoming Department of Education FY20 Student Transportation Bus Bids spreadsheet.