Facilities required to obtain a permit from the Industrial Siting Council include:
- Facilities with an estimated construction cost of $230,622,000 or more. If the estimated cost is $184,497,600 - $230,622,000 a Certificate of Insufficient Jurisdiction must be obtained.
- Wind energy projects with 20 or more towers in all phases.
- Solar energy projects with a rated power capacity of thirty (30) megawatts or more, or projects which would result in surface disturbance of one hundred (100) or more acres, across all phases.
- The following facilities regardless of cost:
- Any commercial waste incineration or disposal facility capable of receiving greater than 500 short tons per day of household refuse or mixed household and industrial refuse;
- Any commercial facility that incinerates or disposes of any regulated quantity of hazardous wastes that are subject to hazardous waste shipping manifest requirements under subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act;
- Any commercial radioactive waste management facility; and
- Any facility over which a board of county commissioners has authority to issue the permit required by W.S. 18-5-502 (County regulation of wind and solar energy projects) and which the board of county commissioners has referred to the council under W.S. 18-5-509 (County referral)