On Tuesday, July 12, 2016, Governor Matt Mead and Todd Parfitt, Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality Director will accompany Rocky Mountain Power officials to the former site of the Dave Johnston coal mine to view the completed reclamation project and the current site of the Glenrock and Rolling Hills wind farms.
This 11-mile tract of land produced coal from 1958-2000. This land has now been reclaimed and is producing energy using a renewable Wyoming resource – wind.
The event will begin at 2:00 PM, at the original mine office/administration building northwest of Glenrock near the Glenrock Wind Project (click here to see map). The mine office is located at the first gate, 1026 55-Ranch Road.
Personal protective gear is not required for this event.
- Meet at the original mine office/administration building at 2:00 PM. (click here to see map)
- Opening Statements
- Signing of final documents by DEQ
- Governor Matt Mead Statements
- Tour of reclaimed lands and wind project (If time permits)
- Adjourn at completion of tour