The Storage Tank Program (STP) Remediation team coordinates cleanups at sites contaminated by eligible leaking aboveground and underground storage tanks. Consultants and contractors assist us in our remediation work. We perform remediation at both the source site and third-party sites impacted by the contamination.
Our projects typically involve five phases:
- Subsurface investigation to determine the magnitude and extent of the contamination
- Engineering design of remedial alternatives
- Construction and equipment supply for the designed systems
- Operation and maintenance of the systems
- Site closure after state soil and groundwater standards have been met