Become an Operator
To become a Wyoming certified operator, follow these steps!
1) Set Up An Account in the Operator Certification database using the Login Instructions. You must live in or work as an operator in Wyoming in order to become a Wyoming certified operator.
2) Send in Your High School Equivalency (HSE) Documents. Send in a document proving that you have the equivalent of a High School education (HSE). Documents that will work
- To start your experience record in your account, your supervisor must designate you as an operator within 10 days of starting work.
- If you have related work experience that you would like DEQ to consider, fill out the supplemental experience form.
- The Operator Instructions document explains how to apply training to your renewals.
- Check out our Training Opportunities webpage to find the training you need!
5) Take Your Exam.
- Which Exam Do I Need? Take the right exam for what you do!
- Get Study Materials. A list of materials to help you do well on the exams.
- Schedule an Exam Instructions on how to schedule your exam. If you fail an exam, you must wait at least 30 days to retake the same exam.
6) Get Your Certification. ABC sens exam scores to DEQ in about 2 weeks. While you are waiting, make sure that your training and experience records are up to date and that you meet the Wyoming certification requirements.
7) Maintain Your Certificate. Maintain your contact information, add trainings that you take for continuing education, apply training to renewals, keep your employment record current, etc. The Operator Instructions document has detailed instructions to help you. Please read the Core Area and Rule Training Guidance also.
Reciprocal Certification: Operators certified in another state whose certifications are current and in good standing, may apply for reciprocal certification. You must live in or work as an operator in the State of Wyoming before DEQ will consider your application. Complete a separate application for each reciprocal certificate.