Pesticide Permitting

Electronic Documents Submittal

The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) would like to remind WYPDES permittees that they can now submit applications electronically and pay permit fees electronically. The DEQ would like to thank permittees who have used these electronic options, as doing so helps streamline the application and payment process and assists the DEQ Water Quality Division with its transition to a digital records environment.

Permittees can submit WYPDES applications electronically using the WYPDES Electronic Document Upload Form. Permittees who submit applications electronically do not need to follow up with a hard-copy application unless specifically contacted by WYPDES staff with a request to do so.

After submitting their applications electronically, permittees can then pay WYPDES permit fees electronically using DEQ’s e-payment website. Submitting an application electronically through the above form will generate a receipt number (WYPDES_2020_XXXX) that will be emailed to the permittee; the permittee will need this receipt number to submit the electronic payment. Additional instructions about submitting an application electronically and making an electronic payment are available on the respective websites noted above.

Please note that permittees who choose to submit applications in hard copy should still include a hard-copy check for permit fees with their applications; electronic payment should only be used for applications submitted electronically.

A fee calculator is available to assist permittees with calculating correct permit fee amounts. It is particularly important that permittees using the electronic payment option use the correct fee amount. Please note that, based on 2020 revisions to Wyoming Statute 35-11-312, increased WYPDES permit fees went into effect on July 1, 2020. If you have any questions about the correct fee amount for your permit(s), please contact Marilyn Siemens at 307-777-2592 or before making the electronic payment.

For general questions about using the electronic application and payment systems, please contact Jennifer Zygmunt at 307-777-6080 or Para español, visite

Fee Calculator

Beginning July 1, 2013 payment of permit fees for individual permits and general permit authorizations are required to be submitted with the permit application or NOI form.  Some types of permits have flat fees and others have variable fees that must be calculated. 

This "Fee Calculator" should be used to determine the proper amount to be submitted with each application or NOI.  Checks should be made out to the "Dept. of Environmental Quality, Water Quality Division.

General Permits

Permit Training

This resource contains training material from presentations in March and April of 2011.

The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Water Quality Division (DEQ/WQD) administers the NPDES program within the boundaries of the state (WYPDES program) except for on the Wind River Indian Reservation. This general permit was established to meet the court ordered mandate for pesticide applications to “waters of the U.S.” in Wyoming.

This general permit for major pesticide applications applies to pesticide applications that exceed the size thresholds established for the various pesticide use categories. This permit does not apply to pesticide applications on waters impaired for a specific pesticide or its degradates, however, the permit may be used for the application of other types of pesticides with different degradates than those listed in the impairment. The effluent limits established in this permit are based upon Chapters 1, 2, and 4 of the Wyoming Water Quality Rules and Regulations.