Sanitary Sewer Overflows

Electronic Documents Submittal

Electronic document submittal is available for WQD permit applications, reports, and other communications.
Visit:  WDEQ Water Quality Division Downloads

You do NOT need to follow up the electronic submission with a hard copy submission unless you are specifically contacted by a WQD staff person with a request to do so.

Need to report a spill or complaint? Please visit

Submitting a public comment? WQD is unable to accept public notice comments through this system. Refer to the public notice document for instructions on how to submit comments or visit

NOTICE: All applications for water distribution systems and/or sewage collection systems that are within the Cheyenne Board of Public Utilities (BOPU) district shall be submitted to the BOPU for approval. Contact Frank Strong or Bryce Dorr at (307) 637-6460,, or for additional information.


Rules and Regulations

All official Wyoming State Rules and Regulations are kept at the Wyoming Secretary of State's Office. Click here to view all current Rules and Regulations. 


Related Programs

Who should notify WDEQ about an SSO, and when:

Any owner or operator of the following facilities

  • Municipal, state, federal, regional, industrial, or other private wastewater collection systems
  • Wastewater/collection utility works
  • Wastewater treatment works

Reporting of the SSO should occur verbally within 24 hours of becoming aware of the event:

  • WYDEQ SSO Contact: 307-777-8669 or 307-777-7781

Required written notification to WDEQ:

  • Within a five day period after the event
  • Hand written or electronic submittal
  • Should include all corrective actions taken and preventative measures in the future